Disney Recipe re:View - Sommerfest Nudel Gratin
Most folks love Mac and Cheese. This Nudel Gratin recipe inspired by the dish served at Sommerfest in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot did not disappoint! The recipe itself has made the rounds online for quite some time. I made half the recipe in an oval dish and it easily made 4 large servings. Cheesy and savory it was a great side dish for some schnitzel, inspired by Snow White and the Biergarten.
Recipe from Disney Food Blog
Serves 8 to 10
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
- Cook macaroni until just tender in salted water; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.