Eat Like a Princess - Rapunzel - Chocolate Cloud Cookies
Rapunzel knows betters than any of use what a stay at home order is like. Take her from her tower ballad: “Then after lunch it's puzzles and darts and baking... Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess!” Spending years up in the tower with Mother Gothel, Rapunzel probably mastered her chocolate chip cookie recipe. I would bet she figured out how to make the most perfectly balanced cookie - crisp yet gooey with lots of chocolate and maybe something special!
This post is an evolving question to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe!
The first recipe I tried is from Modern Honey and is a copy cat recipe of the Levain Bakery chocolate chip walnut cookies. I love nuts in my cookies and brownies. The Levain cookie is crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. Also, they are HUGE. I made half a batch for testing and we have cookies for days... Conclusion they are easy to put together with no chilling time required and full of stuff. Rating: 🍪🍪🍪/5
The quest continues... 💜☀️
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
Yield 4-8 cookies
- 1/2 cup Cold Butter cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- 3/4 cups Cake Flour
- 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cups Walnuts roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cold cubed butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Add egg mixing well.
- Stir in flours, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined to avoid overmixing. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Separate dough into large balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You will fit 4 cookies on one large cookie sheet. The dough makes 4-8 extra large cookies. Leave them as balls for flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set.